If you have never made your own old fashioned soap before have a go. it's very easy and for under £5 we have probably made about 30 bars of top quality super rich moisturising soap. We don't colour our soaps, rather leave then their own natural buttery shade of honey. This type of soap is super-fatted and lathers up like whipped cream and is very long lasting.
My best tips.
- Use good quality oils I like, grapeseed and rice oils.
- Use Trex or Lard as the hard fat (cheaper and better than coconut or shea)
- measure and weigh carefully
- get everything ready first
- wear rubber gloves and long sleeves you should also wear goggles
- use a cheap stick blender (£5 ish) or you will have to stir for 40 mins
- use a very deep plastic mixing bowl.
- keep everything you use for soap making only